Thanksgiving break 11/23-11/26
UPTOWN – Tuesdays (6pm to 9pm), starting 08/14/2018.
First Unitarian Universalist Church
2903 Jefferson Avenue
New Orleans LA
At the end of this course students will understand sentences and will develop skills for frequently used expressions such as:
– describing and comparing items
– talking about what people should or should not do
– talking about what people can or can not do
– asking for and giving a recommendation
– making comparisons about cities
– asking and talking about people from the past
– expressing certainty and uncertainty
– talking about menus and eating out
– describing food and for experiences
– asking for and giving suggestions
– reacting to good and bad news
– making predictions about the future
Our methodology emphasizes global communication and maximizes linguistic immersion with instruction provided in the target language. These courses (ESL 1 – ESL 4) are designed to cover all 4 aspects of learning a language: speaking, listening, reading & writing. Class materials included.
Each course takes 8 weeks of class to complete.
Disclaimer: although we have a lesson plan for each level, progress is determined by the learning pace of each group of students. It is possible that not all items are covered by the end of the 8 weeks, or that new material is introduced by the teacher. Our main focus isn’t on sticking strictly to a lesson plan, but to ensure we are providing a strong foundation for communication using the English language.
Out of stock